Flash Refer A Friend - Customer Terms & Conditions (Canada Only)
All Communications Network of Canada Co. dba “Flash Services”
Flash Services Refer A Friend - Customer Terms & Conditions (Canada Only) (“Terms and Conditions”)
UPDATED FEBRUARY 2021
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY FOR ELIGIBILITY AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Flash – All Communications Network of Canada Co. dba Flash Services.
Originating Customer – The customer who is referring other customers to Flash to be eligible for a Refer-a-Friend bill credit.
Referred Customers – Residential customers used toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend eligibility.
Eligible Referred Customer – a Referred Customer that meets the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC) – A customer’s Monthly Recurring Charge for service, excluding equipment, taxes, fees, surcharges or additional features.
- Originating Customer must be active, current on all billing, and must have an account of the same service in order to receive a Refer-a-Friend credit. Services cannot be mixed to total 5.
- An Originating Customer is eligible if they refer 5 Eligible Referred Customer accounts or lines, as applicable (see below), that are the same type of service as the Originating Customer, including:
- Home Phone Bundled with High-Speed Internet (any carrier) (“Bundled Service”).
- Standalone High-Speed Internet (limited to select carriers only “Select Carriers”) (“Standalone HSI Service”)
Who are Eligible Referred Customers?
- To be an Eligible Referred Customer, the Referred Customer account must be activated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Each active Referred Customer Bundled Service line will count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification, and the lines do not need to be on separate accounts. For example, if a Referred Customer has a Bundled Service account with two active lines, then both lines will count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- Each active Standalone HSI Service Referred Customer account in any of the Provinces will count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- If an Originating Customer has multiple lines on their personal Bundled Service account that is receiving the Refer-a-Friend credit, those additional lines do not count as eligible customers toward Refer-a-Friend qualification. For example, if an Originating Customer has a Bundled Service plan with two separate lines, the second line would not count toward Refer-a-Friend eligibility. However, the Originating Customer could be eligible for multiple bill credits as explained in the Calculation of Credits section.
- Originating Customers with multiple accounts can use those additional accounts for personal Refer-a-Friend qualification. The additional accounts will be subject to the Eligible Referred Customer conditions, and the multiple line rules as specified above may apply. For example, if an Originating Customer has two Bundled Service accounts and only the first is receiving a Refer-a-Friend credit, the second account (and, if applicable, its multiple lines) may be eligible for use toward Refer-a-Friend eligibility.
- Customer eligibility will be determined on the fifth day of each calendar month. Referred Customer accounts with a past due balance as of this date will not count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- All Referred Customers must reside in the same country as the Originating Customer. For example, an Originating Customer in Canada must refer 5 eligible Canadian customers’ accounts.
- Only customer accounts directly referred by the Originating Customer count toward their Refer-a-Friend qualification. For example, if a Referred Customer referred another customer, that customer’s account would not count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- In order for a Referred Customer’s line to count toward an Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification, the Referred Customer must enter the Originating Customer’s phone number (associated with their eligible service account) at the time the Referred Customer establishes their account. For example, a Referred Customer who is signing up for Bundled Service must enter the Originating Customer’s Home Phone number during the order process. The Referred Customer account (including each line under the account) will be attributed to the Originating Customer account associated with the Originating Customer’s phone number entered.
- An Originating Customer account that is receiving Refer-a-Friend credit is not eligible to be a Referred Customer account. If a Referred Customer account becomes an Originating Customer account that is receiving Refer-a-Friend credit, the Referred Customer account will no longer qualify as such. This rule applies to Referred Customer accounts with multiple lines. For example, if John is a Bundled Service Referred Customer with five active lines on one account, and John then qualifies for Refer-a-Friend on one of those lines, his entire account (including each of its lines) becomes ineligible to count as a Referred Customer.
- This program is intended for Flash customers to refer their friends and family to Flash as new customers and should not be advertised or marketed in a commercial manner. Commercial accounts/ customers are not eligible.
TIP: We highly encourage each customer to refer and maintain more than the minimum of 5 Eligible Referred Customers in case one or more customers are no longer eligible to count toward the Refer-a-Friend program.
Calculation of Credit
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, a credit equal to the MRC for the Originating Customer’s eligible account will be applied to the monthly bill for that account each month as long as 5 Eligible Referred Customer accounts or lines, as applicable (see above), are maintained.
- Bundled Service – Subject to these Terms and Conditions, the Originating Customer’s monthly bill credit will equal the Originating Customer’s MRC and will be applied to the monthly service bill on the Originating Customer’s eligible account. If the Originating Customer has multiple lines under their eligible account, the monthly credit will be equal to the MRC associated with only one of those lines not already receiving Refer-a-Friend credit. In addition:
- An Originating Customer with Bundled Service must refer 5 other Bundled Service customer accounts in order to receive a monthly bill credit on their Bundled Service account.
- An Originating Customer with Bundled Service who has a combination of Bundled Service Referred Customers and Standalone HSI Service Referred Customers would be eligible for a monthly bill credit only on the Standalone HSI Service portion of the Originating Customer’s bill.
- An Originating Customer with a Bundled Service account with multiple lines is eligible to receive a monthly bill credit on each line, but each line must separately meet the Refer-a-Friend eligibility requirements. For example, if an Originating Customer has Bundled Service with two lines and refers 10 or more eligible Bundle Service lines, the Originating Customer may receive two MRC credits.
- Standalone HSI Service – Subject to these Terms and Conditions, for an Originating Customer with Standalone HSI Service, the Originating Customer’s monthly bill credit will equal the MRC applicable to such service and will be applied to the monthly service bill for the Originating Customer’s eligible account. In addition:
- An Originating Customer with Standalone HSI Service must refer 5 other customers who have either Standalone HSI Service or Bundled Service.
- The monthly bill credit does not apply to any subsequent monthly fees for equipment rental, international calling plans, unlimited usage plans, (Internet) or additional features, applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.
- Credits may take up to two months to be applied. The Originating Customer must be active and current on all billing.
- Taxes, fees and surcharges on the credit amount still apply, where applicable.
- If a Referred Customer is determined to be ineligible or invalid, Flash reserves the right to reverse the credit to the Originating Customer.
Flash has the right to modify the Refer-a-Friend Program at its discretion for compliance, administrative or other similar reasons at any time, with or without notice.
Flash has the right to discontinue the Refer-a-Friend at any time at Flash’s discretion, provided that Flash will post a notice at least 30 days in advance of such discontinuance. Should Flash discontinue the Refer-a-Friend Program, credits will still be applied for a period of up to 6 months following the discontinuance date, assuming the Originating Customer is active, does not have a past due account, and maintains the 5 Eligible Referred Customer accounts or lines, as applicable, used for Refer-a-Friend qualification as of the discontinuance date through the end of that 6 month period.