Your Flash Phone Adapter is configured for most residential network environments. However, routers and firewalls may affect the device's ability to access the Internet. Without Internet and power, the Flash Phone Adapter will not operate to place and receive calls.
Here are a few simple steps to ensure your Flash Phone Adapter is installed correctly:
- Follow the installation guide for your Phone Adapter. (Locate the Quick Installation Guide for your model Phone Adapter.)
- Ensure your Phone Adapter is connected to your router through a wired Ethernet connection. (There is no wireless option for your adapter.)
- Confirm the AC adapter for your Phone Adapter is connected to a power outlet.
- Once connected properly, wait 5-10 minutes for the initial registration to take place (if this is your first time connecting your Phone Adapter).
- Confirm the phone line LED is lit solid green.
- Connect to your home phone and listen for dial tone.
- Check your Internet speed. We recommend www.speedtest.net. While the Flash Phone Adapter requires little upload speed (128k), bandwidth issues may impact your adapter. Be sure you have an optimal Internet connection and speed.
If you are still not able to place and/or receive calls, please contact your Flash Support team.
What are the requirements for Flash Home Phone Service with Phone Adapter?
Flash Home Phone Service with Phone Adapter requires the following:
That's it! Now you can place and receive calls just like traditional phone service, but now through your Internet!
- A wired high-speed Internet connection with a minimum available download and upload speed of 128 kbps.
- A router to enable connection to the Internet.
- A connection to a power source.
- A cordless or corded telephone (to place/receive calls).