Flash Services is excited to offer you an innovative Flash Tech Help App!
Flash Tech Help allows you to easily diagnose and troubleshoot any WiFi or connectivity difficulties you are experiencing.
Download Flash Tech Help App Now:
Make sure to test your wired speeds before troubleshooting your wireless connections. Internet speeds will vary based on the connection type.
- While directly connected to your Internet modem (with an Ethernet cable), use your computer to go to the website: speedtest.net
- Select a "local server," or one should be set as a default based on your location.
- Select "Go."
- Your results will appear. You should expect to see that your wired speed is close, if not exact, to the speed of the service for which your ordered.
- Once you have confirmed your wired speed is good, you can test your wireless speed as well. Wireless speed tests may result in lower speed results. This depends on the router and/or modem being used.
If your wireless speed results are not as you expected, improve your wireless speed by following the steps below.
You can improve your wireless (Wi-Fi) connection by reducing interference, choosing optimal settings, location and knowing more about your environment. Interference from other Wi-Fi networks is very common. Wi-Fi is an unlicensed band, which means other wireless networks are allowed to interfere with yours.
- Locate the best Wi-Fi channel.
- Take a look at other electronics within your home. Other electronics can product electromagnetic interference that can slow down your Wi-Fi. (Microwaves, cordless phones (2.4 GHz), cell phones, bluetooth devices, baby monitors, wireless speakers, etc.)
- Distance between the router and your device can slow down your Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your modem is in a place that has access to circulating air and is away from anything that produces heat.
- Find a place for your modem or router that's higher up, which will improve your coverage.
- Consider a Wi-Fi extender, or move your equipment closer together.
After checking the factors above, re-test your connection. If your results aren't what you're expecting, chat with technical support.